WHY AUTOMATION IS NEEDED IN PLASTIC INDUSTRY?
Industrial revolutiona and automation are often associated with the elimination of the global industrial workforce. It is a big myth that resists manufacturing industries to opt for automation. Are you still puzzled and lag behind your competitors due to this fallacy? Do you also consider robots and automation to be a threat to the jobs of the human workforce?
Well! Let me try to break this deep-rooted myth. Have you ever heard, “practice makes a man perfect”? A human needs the practice to become perfect and there is no guaranteed limited time span in which a human can become perfect. Also, “ To err is human.” But, in the manufacturing sector, the mistakes and the practice that will make the workforce perfect ( which is always doubtful) can prove to be quite expensive. There is no such industry that can afford this practice and mistakes of the human workforce. On the other hand, to stand in competition in the rapidly evolving market tapping feet with automation is one of the prerequisite requirements.
Automation in the manufacturing industry is the latest trend in the market. It not only ensures more productivity and cost-effectiveness but also assists in improving the quality of the production. It also procures the safety of the workforce and improves their technical skills. It promotes the progress of the workforce by shifting physical labor to developed technical skills.
The rocket shooting demand in the market makes the increase in production essential to survive. Automation is the only key that can help the manufacturing units to stand at the top of the crowd in meeting the requirements of the market.
Importance of automation in the manufacturing industry
Unfortunately! The presumptions about automation overshadow the potential benefits of automation in the manufacturing industries. The reality is completely topsy turvy.
Automation plays a vital role in the development and growth of manufacturing industries by various means. The importance and advantages of automation in the manufacturing industry are listed below.
1. Enhance productivity- It is quite obvious that a machine can perform faster than a human. The amount of production shoots up to a great extent when done by machine as compared to when done by a human workforce. Automation does not necessarily mean the replacement of the human workforce with machines. Rather human workforce is trained to operate those machines and enhance productivity. The increased productivity increases revenue generation.
2. Improves efficiency & efficacy- Human workforce has its limitations and challenges. It is not so true for machines. Machines and robots do not get tired or fall ill. Thus, machines help in improving the efficiency and efficacy of production. The capacity of the machines to work 24*7 increases the production increasing the profitability of the industries.
3. Improved precision- Humans have their limitation to precision also. We can not compare the precision of a machine with that of a human being. Introducing machines in the production unit definitely improves the precision quality of the goods produced increasing their demand in the market. It replaces human errors with improved standards.
4. Keeps you in the competition- Automation is becoming the new trend in the manufacturing industry. To keep pace with time and to remain in the race automation must be included in the process of your industry. It helps you stand upfront in the competition with your competitors.
5. Quantity as well as quality- Robotics, and automation, of course, is a vital tool to boost the production in terms of quantity. In addition to increasing the quantity, it also upgrades the quality of the goods produced. It further leads to an increase in the profitability of the manufacturing unit.
6. Safety of workers- It is undeniable that direct dealing with types of equipment and raw material may lead to hazards and accidents. The introduction of machines and automation process lowers the risk and provides a safer working conditions for the workers. It also shifts their physical labor with technical skills and improves their caliber and potential.
7. User friendly- The high technical advancements and developed software systems have made it possible to accommodate user-friendly automation in the manufacturing system. The machines and robots are highly easy and faster to operate. They are super easy to install and operate. The graphic and touch interface makes it easy to learn to operate.
8. Cost-effective- The labor cost is increasing every day turning it into a challenge for the producers. The automation sector is also not untouched by the flavor of competition. The tough competition has marked the cost of automation very economical. It should also be kept in mind that the improved production, repetitive process helps to recover even more bang for its investment in a short span of time.
While discussing the automation process in the manufacturing industries, how can we forget the booming plastic industry? A massive and vigorous shift can be observed in the business dynamics of thriving automated plastic industries. The plastic industries are spreading their wings and flourishing well, automation is the secret recipe. To be in the competition of successful plastic manufacturing industries, automating each process from scratch to the top has become a necessity. Though implementation of the automation process in every step of the manufacturing unit is a cumbersome and expensive approach, its benefits cannot be sidelined.
The increased production including high-quality products pays back the huge installation expense soon. The manufacturer need not store the complex and wide variety of products in the storehouse. With the automation process, small and complex parts can be manufactured according to the orders. It lowers down the volume of products produced. Also, it reduces the number of defective pieces as it has proved to be a precise technique. It has the caliber to produce consistent products and check the same through its automated visual inspection. It reduces the risk of injuries and accidents where special handling of tools is needed. The high-speed production and precision make it an economy favorable process to be implemented in all the plastic manufacturing units.
The automation revolution had already captured the attention of the plastic manufacturing industries. Covid- 19 situation geared up the process of automation to a large extent. In the future decade, we will see artificial intelligence and other technologies collaborating with the automation process. Not only one or two, but there is also n number of examples of companies who have recently turned up to automation in the plastic industry to meet the demands.
OEM automated its plastic syringe production just to meet the growing demands and ensure the supply of syringes. Intertech plastics invested in automating its injection molding process and packaging process. Even the foreign developed countries realize the importance of automation for progress. Robomold plastic solutions will become the exclusive provider of AMS robotic plastic molding technology in North America by joining hands with an automation specialist. Australian company Cobot helped in injection molding to meet the increasing demand during the covid situation.
Plastic processing is the most delicate process in plastic manufacturing units. Astonishingly, automation is widely used in each and every step of plastic processing from injection molding, turning, extruding, and polishing surfaces. These tailor-made solutions have proved to be cost-effective and helpful in mass production. Not only big manufacturing industries and units are opting for automation at each step but even small enterprises and plants are looking towards the automation process for further growth and development. The automation process itself is developing every day and new technology is making it more effective.
Shini India is a versatile brand that helps the plastic industry to effectively add automation in their processes and increase productivity. It provides machines for each process in the plastic industry to automate it and increase precision. The machines are cost-effective as they help in improving the quantity as well as quality. Shini India helps the plastic industries to make their production process smooth. It supports the workers by reducing their physical efforts and improving their lifestyle. It enhances their technical knowledge and skills. The produced product is free from human errors and ranks high in precision.
The myth that the automation process is job taker is diluting and manufacturers are trusting the potential benefits of automation. Automation is becoming a new focus in the plastic industry providing more jobs and better working conditions for the workers. Shini India is a trustworthy company that had smoothed the manufacturing process and increased the productivity of many plastic processing units. Incorporate automation in your process to see the glorious change in the productivity of your business.